mapa
czpode

History of Bordovice

It is mentioned for the first time as a village in the List of villages and townships of the Hukvaldy domain from 1581, although it might have been founded much earlier. The village Bordovice remained in the property of the bishopric and from 1777 the archbishopric of Olomouc until the abolishment of serfdom in 1848. A great number of serfs favoured the protestant religion in the 16th century, and although they adopted the catholic religion after the Thirty Year War, after the issue of the Letters Patent of Tolerance in 1781 they again professed the heritage of their predecessors. In the second half of the 19th century some of its inhabitants moved out to America, mainly Texas. The remaining population earned their living predominately
from agriculture but later they found jobs in the limestone quarry in Štramberk, in the car factory in Kopřivnice and in the mining of iron ore which was extracted from here in
the 19th century. The chapel of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary was built not only due to the efforts of local people, but also due to the assistance of Archbishop of
Olomouc, Bedřich of Fürstenberg (1853-1892) with substantial support of the then Mayor Mr. Bača. The chapel was consecrated in 1894, however the first mass was not celebrated here until 1925.


Lašská brána Beskyd
Dobové pohlednice
1895 - 1945
Stanislava Kovářová
Aleš Pustějovský

Vydavatelství: MONTANEX, a. s.
Internetová adresa: http://www.montanex.cz/kun.htm

LOKALIZACE


Type: History
LAST MODIFY: Kateřina Krestová (Městské kulturní středisko) org. 56, 25.06.2008 v 11:15 hodin