mapa
czpode

Veřovice

The municipality extends approximately 8 km west from Frenštát p./R. at the foot of Veřovické vrchy which are part of the west headland of Moravian-Silesian Beskydy mountains. The municipality is concentrated along the upper stream of Jičínka and the road that connects Nový Jičín and Frenštát p. R. The village has its own station as two railways pass it: the railway Kojetín - Ostrava, built in 1888, and the local railway Veřovice - Studénka from 1896. Allegedly a trade path crossed the valley between Velký Javorník and Dlouhá in the past and connected Štramberk with Rožnov p./R. It is presumed that Veřovice originated similarly as the neighbouring villages at the end of the 13th century as a typical forest village. The oldest documented reference is from 1411. At that time it was part of the domain of Štramberk, then of the Nový Jičín/ Štramberk domain. The population made their livelihood mainly from agriculture and partly in the surrounding forests and quarries where in the half of the 19th century the extraction of iron ore took place directly on site. Later they used to look for jobs in Kopřivnice, Frenštát p.R. and also Nový Jičín. Veřovice presents the starting point of many tourist routes especially to Velký Javorník (918 m) and to the spring of Jičínka stream.

NEXT LINKS

LOKALIZACE

WGS-84

  • Northern latitude: 49° 32´ 21.36¨
  • Eastern longitude: 18° 6´ 47.22¨

ukázat na mapě

Hledej další objekty v okruhu do km

THERE ARE ABOUT VILLAGE OR TOWN/CITY


LAST MODIFY: Kateřina Krestová (Městské kulturní středisko) org. 56, 25.06.2008 v 11:16 hodin