Teplice nad Bečvou

About town

Spa town is situated on the left bank of the Bečva river offering a lovely view of the Beskydy mountain range, Hostýnské hills and Oderské hills. Lázně Teplice nad Bečvou (Teplice Spa) and Zbrašov aragonite caves are both located in the town of Teplice nad Bečvou. The oldest written record of Teplice nad Bečvou (until 1958 it used to be called Zbrašov) comes from 1328. Old municipality seal olds a coat of arms depicting a coalman in the forest holding an axe. This scene is surrounded by an inscription ”PECZET - OBCZE - ZBRASSOVSKY (SEAL - MUNICIPALITY - ZBRASSOVSKY)” The spa was frequently sought for already in the 16th century and that is why Jan Amos Komenský marked the spas into his Map of Moravia which be published in 1627. In 1976 Teplice nad Bečvou was integrated with Hranice. Since 1990, the municipality has been especially in infrastructure, housing and environmentalism. Historical moment in Teplice nad Bečvou are the Baroque chapel of St. Peregrin coming from 1775 and a way cross erected in 1777. Attention deserve also significant Spa buildings ”Bečva” and ”Moravan”.



ALTITUDE: 333.00 m

LAST MODIFY: Petr Svoboda ( org. 56, 18.10.2006 v 15:32 hodin