mapa
czpode

Fountain [ Fountain ]

Fountain
Fountain
The fountain adjoins the southwest side of the pedestal of the column dedicated to the Virgin Mary, which stands in the middle of the square. It is furnished with four bronze water gargoyles in the shape of animal heads. On the cover slab of the fountain there is a sculptural group of a dancing pair dressed in the German Kravaře folk costume. The "Dancing Inhabitants of Kunwald" and the sculptural decoration were made by F. Barwig in 1926. The fountain was restored in 1980.

Fountain with octagonal water tank bounds on southwestern side of base of column dedicated to the Virgin Mary. The only quadratic body of fountain is situated in the centre of tank and is provided with four bronze zoomorphic water spouts. On the covering plague there is situated sculptural group of dancing pair, figures in below-lifesize are illustrated in folk garb of Kunín region. "Dancing Kunvald-people" and sculptural decoration are a work of F. Barwiga from 1926. The fountain was restored in 1980.
Fountain
Fountain

NEXT LINKS

LOKALIZACE


Type: Fountain
LAST MODIFY: Ladislav Hollý (archívní záznam) org. 56, 14.08.2006 v 14:48 hodin